** Update: Decided to finish this crazy contraption – new pictures added and its now ready for its first flight… fingers Crossed!
The wind this weekend is too high to fly, and its Sunday and I’m bored to tears, so thought I would use up bits&pieces of plane parts and assorted crap that should really be in the garbage…
This contraption is not yet finished, but since I may scrap it rather than complete it, posting it for the heck of it!
Starting with a 39″ wing I had hot cut for the failed fugly jet bit, I needed a fuse to put it in. I have always liked the magnum reloaded scratchbuilt out of Germany so thought I would loosely recreate at least the fuse…
Fortunately I had a 2′ section of blue foam kicking around that was too short for a wing, so away we we go! Or so I thought… My hot cut bow is no good for profile cutting so I needed a quick solution. As you can see from the pic, I took some wire, wrapped it around a dowel just big enough not to fit thru the hole in my work table, tied the opposite end to a turnbuckle that I attached to the rafter, grabbed a variable power supply, and Boom!, bobs your uncle!
For the wing ends, that look ridiculous and stick up, I just used some 6mm deprom, and the same for the tail feathers. Paint was so olm mixed dried stuff that was long over due for the trash, and the pilot is out of an old balsa kit.
Not sure if I will ever add motor, but at the least, this mess killed a few hours this morn!